2012 – WA State voters mostly Democratic?
The Seattle PI’s “strange bedfellows” blog headlines that “There are no Republicans in Washington (Almost)“.
PI political reporter Chris Grygiel notes:
- 41 percent of the populace is the “Democratic base.”
- 31 percent are swing voters
- 29 percent are the “GOP base.
- The national average is 37 percent Dems, 28 percent “swing” and 35 percent Republican.
- Only 6 states (Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Maine, New York and Maryland) have a smaller percentage of Republican base voters than Washington.